Booking and/or ticket purchases for group visits to the Museo without a guide can be carried out directly through this link
A minimum of 8 and maximum of 30 people.
- Education groups, groups of people with disabilities and groups with a Pass-Voucher At least 24 hours in advance. Prior bookings can be made up to a maximum of four months before the time of the visit.
- Cultural and Tourist groups. At least 72 hours (3 days) in advance. Bookings cannot be made more then two months before the time of the visit.
- Cultural and Tourist groups. Payments must be made at least 48 hours prior to the visiting time. Once this time period is over, if the payment has not been made the booking will be cancelled automatically.
For bookings, YES, for purchases, NO. Once the purchase has been made, the amount paid for tickets will not be reimbursed.
- Education groups and groups of people with disabilities
- Tourist groups:
General ticket (Collection + temporary exhibitions): €6 per person
Ticket to temporary exhibitions: €3 per person
- Cultural Groups (Foundations, Associations, Cultural Centres, Cultural Institutions)
General ticket (Collection + temporary exhibitions): €4 per person
Ticket to temporary exhibitions: €2 per person
- Groups with a Pass-Voucher (Company groups that have signed an Agreement with the Museo Nacional Centro de Arte Reina Sofía). To arrange this type of Agreement, please contact: email@example.com
Professional guides and lecturers providing explanations to groups will have free admission, with prior accreditation at the ticket offices.
Groups can bring their own guide. Tickets for professional guides/lecturers will be obtained at the Museo ticket offices, with prior accreditation, when collecting the group tickets. Official tourist guides will have free admission, with prior accreditation.
The use of the guiding system for groups (radio guides) is recommended to avoid excessive noise in the exhibition rooms and to ensure a quality visit for all.
The free opening hours to the Museo, Monday to Saturday (except Tuesdays, when it is closed), from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m., only apply to individual visitors. The rates for group visits are the same throughout the whole day.
Bookings and ticket sales will not be made available to groups on 18 and 29 April, 18 May, 12 October and 6 December (free admission days for all visitors), nor are held Sundays from 12:15 p.m.
Bookings cannot be made in the Parque del Retiro venues.
- Register as a client (groups from abroad must fill out the field CIF or NIF –Fiscal ID Number – with 0000)
- Select the type of group
- Enter the username and password obtained previously in the registration process
- Proceed to make the booking and/or purchase
- If you make a booking (in the case of education groups, people with disabilities and groups with a Pass-Voucher), the programme will provide you with a booking receipt and a confirmation number: RXXXX . This can either be printed or simply shown at the ticket offices on the day of the visit.
- If you make a booking and subsequently a purchase, the programme will provide you with a purchase receipt once the booking has been paid for. (This must be 48 hours before the visit). The process to follow is:
- Enter your username and password and log in
- Click on My Bookings , and you will find the option Purchase
- If you make a direct purchase, the programme will provide you with a purchase receipt.
Tourist groups will obtain a purchase receipt with a bar code, which they can use to gain direct access to the Museo through the Nouvel Building access control point.
Cultural groups will obtain a purchase receipt without a bar code, and, therefore, must pass through the Nouvel Building ticket offices to present their accreditation as a cultural group.
Sign in by completing the username and password fields. Next, click on my bookings, and on the right hand side there are two options: modify and cancel. If you click on modify the different steps in the booking process will appear in order to make changes to each one:
- Selecting the date of the visit
- Number of tickets and available times
- Your selection
If you click on cancel the booking will remain null and void when the word activate appears. Should you need to cancel the visit, please do so as soon as possible as there may be groups on standby.
Purchases cannot be modified or cancelled. The amount paid for the ticket will not be reimbursed.
If you forget your username and/or password, please phone the following number (+34) 902 364383, or write to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you wish to check bookings that have already been made with a date subsequent to the present day, click on the button under check booking
The payment will be made through the ticket purchase and booking programme on our Website:
Groups of under 12s and groups with a guided visit to the Museo can gain access through the Sabatini Building (C/ Santa Isabel 52). The rest of the groups will access through the Nouvel Building (C/ Ronda de Atocha, 2).
Tourist groups must show their purchase receipt with bar code, provided by the ticket purchase and booking programme on our Website, at the Museo’s access control point (Nouvel Building).
Cultural groups must show their purchase receipt without a bar code, provided by the ticket purchase and booking programme on our Website, at the Museo’s access control point (Nouvel Building).
Education groups (over 12 years of age), groups of people with disabilities and groups with a Pass-Voucher, must show their booking receipt or provide their booking number RXXXX, provided by the ticket purchase and booking programme, at the Nouvel Building ticket offices. Education groups (under 12 years of age) must provide the booking code: RXXXX at the Sabatini Building ticket offices.
Furthermore, education groups, groups of people with disabilities and cultural groups must provide an accreditation card stating the following details:
- Day of the visit
- Number of group members
- CIF (Fiscal ID Number) of the centre
- Signature of the person in charge of the centre
The following information is also required for education groups:
- School year
- Name(s) of accompanying teachers
- Education groups with children under 12 years of age, at the Sabatini Building ticket offices.
- Education groups with children over 12 years of age, groups of people with disabilities, cultural groups and groups with a Pass-Voucher, at the Nouvel Building ticket offices
Tickets will be collected 15 minutes before the time of the visit.
- Tourist groups can gain direct access through the access control point (Nouvel Building), presenting their purchase receipts with bar codes at their scheduled visiting time.
At the Museo ticket offices.
Yes, as of October 2015 it must be used by groups of visitors aged 12 or over who are going to receive explanations inside the galleries.
At the audio guide desk, located at the entrance to the Nouvel Building.
Yes, by calling:(+34) 91 774 10 00. Ext. 2057. Or in the near future through the Museo website, when tickets are booked and/or purchased.
1 euro per person.
The microphone for guides/teachers is free.
The full amount for renting this equipment can be paid directly at the audio guide desk, located at the entrance to the Nouvel Building.
Invoices can be requested and issued either at the same desk upon payment, or by telephone, if booked in advance.
They are available at the audio guide desks, located at the entrance to the Sabatini Building and the entrance to the Nouvel Building
Information and Visitor Assistance
Tel: (+34) 902 36 43 83
Information and Visitor Assistance
Tel: (+34) 902 36 43 83 email@example.com
- How many people are needed to form a group and make a booking and /or purchase?
- How long in advance should bookings be made?
- How far in advance can the booking be paid?
- How far in advance can the purchase be made?
- Are modifications and cancellations allowed?
- What are the group rates?
- Do groups pay during the opening hours and days with free admission to the Museo?
- Can I bring my own guide/lecturer to explain the visit?
- Do I need to book a visit to the Palacio de Cristal and Palacio de Velázquez venues?
- How can I book and/or purchase?
- Can I modify or cancel a booking?
- How can I modify or cancel my purchase?
- What can I do if I forget my username and/or password?
- How can I check existing bookings?
- How and where are the tickets for the booking paid for?
- How do I access the Museo?
- What documents do I need to take?
- Where do I collect my group tickets?
- Where can I request an invoice for my bookings?
- Is the use of the group guiding system (radio-guide) obligatory?
- Can visitors bring their own radio-guide equipment?
- Where can I rent a guiding system for groups?
- Can it be rented in advance?
- How much does the group guiding system cost and where can I pay for it?
- Where can I request an invoice for this equipment?